2023 06 29 Aries vcx Meeting

2023 06 29 Aries vcx Meeting

Show Video

George Mulhearn: Hello. Patrik Stas: Hi! There! Patrik Stas: We have a Patrik Stas: a hyper ledger. We can down today where it was able to describe the link for the Patrik Stas: Zoom Meeting he had it. Patrik Stas: So I I successfully connected. George Mulhearn: Did you say the hypothesis? George Mulhearn: Wiki was down, or something? Yeah, it still doesn't work. Oh, Jeeze! Patrik Stas: And, by the way, I see we have a a new new new new newcomer here. Hello, innocence! Autopilot!

Patrik Stas: Let's give it that. A minute or 2 more Patrik Stas: we can start. Patrik Stas: Hello, Hi, Nan! Patrik Stas: I just waiting for for everybody to connect, and I'll be starting in a in a short moment. Naian: Okay, all right. Yes, I I wasn't hearing anything. So Naian: yeah, yeah, it's your first time. Right? So it's all good.

Patrik Stas: I'll see how it how it goes. It's actually, it's a unusually Patrik Stas: the reach meeting in terms of People connected. I think this might be the the historical record. It's usually not that. Not not that 9 people? Patrik Stas: oh, yeah. And and Patrik Stas: and so up there is asking for a link. So we have one more person coming in here. Patrik Stas: Okay. Patrik Stas: so Patrik Stas: I'm just reading. What is this innocence after pilots writing to the chat? Apparently it's in bolt which is

Patrik Stas: taking notes, and it seems like some sort of app. Patrik Stas: I don't think we need this. I think it's The the recordings from Hyper Ledger already automatically transcribed. So Patrik Stas: I'm gonna Patrik Stas: I'm gonna remove this this spot if it's possible.

Patrik Stas: Alright, that's one of it's possible. So I guess we'll just have to live with that Patrik Stas: alright. So let's get started. I'll share my screen we don't have. Then I have the Patrik Stas: we don't have the Vicki working, so I'll just I. Patrik Stas: Oh, am I still here. Yeah, I'm here. I'm sorry for a confusion. Here. Patrik Stas: I confuse myself. Patrik Stas: there we go. Sorry. okay, okay, there we are.

Patrik Stas: Just a second. I really call this for Messy start alright Patrik Stas: your screen. There we go. Okay. Patrik Stas: And I can get rid of this screen right here. Right now. Patrik Stas: what's going on? Patrik Stas: Yeah, we'll just move it here. Okay, so, starting

Patrik Stas: starting with the the, I apologize for this policy notice. I'll just give it a short moment to read this. Patrik Stas: All right, I think Patrik Stas: that's good. So yeah, welcome to 29 of June 2,023, A. Z. 6. One is the call today we have offline agenda here in a in a. Patrik Stas: and note that so Patrik Stas: I see that we have some new new new faces here, and new new nicknames. I would just say Patrik Stas: so. if if you would like to do a short round of introductions. Just just go ahead if you would like to stay under a shade of anonymity. you can just stay quiet and

Patrik Stas: and just just leave it. Patrik Stas: So if you like to introduce yourself, you can do so now, if you are connected for the first time. Abhishek D: Yeah, sure I'm myself, I'll be shak. And I'm representing this organization from myself. And we, I'm trying to understand the Vcx Framework development in the Us. And and so that's why I joined this call. Patrik Stas: Awesome. Thank you.

Abhishek D: Thanks. Thank you. Patrik Stas: Okay. let's go ahead. So yeah, Patrik Stas: the second points. And start making discussions. Levy 6. Notice I just saw some discussions pouring out on the, on, the on, on discord about the v. 6 ios and and in jail. Patrik Stas: I just want to like, put it out there one more time. Kind of verbally, on this meeting. If somebody is watching on Youtube, I just wanted to make sure that it's It's like Patrik Stas: that that everyone involved is is aware of the status of the libv. 6 ios ios Angela, and that there are like the different recommended to ways how to how to proceed. Nevertheless, I love the discord message. Maybe I'd be shake it it it it it might be relevant for you.

Patrik Stas: perhaps like before, we like to dive into other stuff around. Kind of a mo more mundane part of the meeting where we discuss, like the technical stuff about what we've done and where we're planning, we can. We can talk a little bit about Patrik Stas: would be sex, because it, it seems like that's the that's the main point of your interest right now how to how to build. I was in Java applications. So so what's your what's your I have you? Have you tried to work with the let me see X yet, or just looking around, what's your what's your kind of state, you know, status Abhishek D: actually, I download that the I us simple demo from your and I was able to run it in, similar in Rosetta mode. Now I'm trying to understand how to they to provide the config. So, for example, the IP address and wallet key and credentials. So I need. I'm I'm trying to understand it. How to provide the exact values or how to run the mediator in the public. I so that's where I'm at the moment. Patrik Stas: Right? Patrik Stas: Yeah. So so I I I guess you you had some of the did. Did you post any messages on the discord? Patrik Stas: Yes, yes. in the in. Yeah. Scroll down, down, down. Yes, I'll be there this this one. I'll be there. Oh, okay, I see. Right? So you you are using the the demo from it as a as a few years ago by, yeah, escaped telecom in in Korea. Patrik Stas: so so you. So we are actually successfully run this correct?

Abhishek D: Yes. Patrik Stas: Oh, I see, I see. I'm not sure what the what version of Vcx is being used here. It might be Patrik Stas: it might be it might be kind of old, but I guess it's still possible to run this.

Patrik Stas: But yeah, anyway, just just to just make sure that you are aware like it. Surely you can run this and and I guess, like, if you want to usually be Cx, you know, and and and build start building for now. Patrik Stas: ios such jam application Patrik Stas: on top of that. I I think this can be a good starting point, but just be where it's it's been done 3 years ago, and and since that there has been. Patrik Stas: I think, not terribly a lot, but some some like breaking changes in the Api. So if you then go ahead and update Vcx in this demo, I guess you would run into some some Patrik Stas: instances where Patrik Stas: some, some, some some issues where you would have to like to the Apis and kind of. Just update the stuff to to, to to the latest version. Abhishek D: Yeah, okay.

Patrik Stas: And what's your, what's your thoughts on the UN? If I if you if you have any, or you, if you have time to kind of consider it, because basically, you know the the approach you recommend as we stay on. The Patrik Stas: on the main main page Patrik Stas: is is is is to rather use, you know, if if you are kind of committing like long term to build some sort of wallet application, and you want to have it native. There is much, much better approach to use you need fi, or is Dcx, but that's really just in diapers right now. So like Patrik Stas: if someone decides to go with that like, there's significant investment which must be done Patrik Stas: to to kind of, you know, get this to more production ready state. And actually, we have a we have a mentee, you know, as a part of the mentorship program. So it's on the call with us. Patrik Stas: Who's Who's working exactly on this kind of they can take in the you know, if I re this poc from Poc state to Patrik Stas: to something, you know a next stage, maybe not to not production ready right of the bad. But definitely something more a demo demo than just Poc, because Patrik Stas: currently it's it's it's very early early stage. Did you have a chance to have a look at it. Abhishek D: Yeah, I saw it up yesterday, but there is no documentation or anything for there yet. I know that it is in progress. So once it will be in stable stage, then definitely, I will try it out. But currently there, no, there is no documentation, or is steps to use it at the moment. I guess.

Patrik Stas: Yeah, it's more like, you know it. It's kinda just the first stepping, stolen, building it. And like, basically, if you want to. If you would want to go down this route, you would have to. Literally, you know, that would be the part of work to be done is to actually build a documentation and kind of just figure it out how it should work, and Patrik Stas: design the whole stuff and and and build it. But it it it depends on your, you know, and kind of the endgame, and and and your resources and stuff like that. It's definitely easier to kind of get something, I guess, done with the Bcx today. Patrik Stas: But yeah, it's it's not a great long term investment. So it just it just depends on on your situation. Abhishek D: Right? Correct? So I guess. I should do the leave Vcx. For now to brush up my fundamentals first and once I will be comfortable. Then definitely, I will. I spend better time on, you know, unifi areas. So yeah, for a few days I will be fixing the leave Vcx issues and trying to implement the working demo with with the wallet. Abhishek D: and then is a long term. I I I understand that I should use the unify various. So like, verify some of my fundamentals and message steps, then I will be able to contribute in the unify areas.

Patrik Stas: All right, all right. If you would have you know, if you would make actually improvements to the you know this v. 6 demo Ios. It would be amazing if you can update it, you know, if you update the version or do some improvements. Patrik Stas: I like this being kind of on, you know, on the, and it's now under layer of dust. Nobody touched the first 3 years. So if if there's improvements you do to this, it'll be valuable if you can contribute. I pull the request here. It's it's under. Patrik Stas: it's under Patrik Stas: Is this under this current organization. I'm not sure if they maintain it.

Patrik Stas: If you if if yeah, I'm not sure. But maybe if if they don't, you can just for them, you know, do a new new version. Then we could then we could link it from the main repo like, Hey, this is updated version for for the V 6. Demo. Abhishek D: Correct. George Mulhearn: hey? I I was. I was wondering as well.

George Mulhearn: hey? I'm I'm Joe, just by the way, I was the one responding to your discord messages. I was wondering where you got the provision George Mulhearn: values from. You know the IP address and and all that. George Mulhearn: Is that something you're running. Abhishek D: No, it's not running for me. So yeah, I'm following your suggestions. So I will. I need to create some I need to. use the mediator. First, I start mediator first in some, probably by I,

Abhishek D: and then only, I could be able to get the correct IP address and all the credentials. So for now I just copied some of my you know, from my invite, URL. I copied some data from there, but it is not working. So Abhishek D: Now, I'm trying to and generate some means use the public IP, and Abhishek D: run the mediator on this IP, and to to to case the all the required parameters. George Mulhearn: Cool. Yeah, it sounds like that would George Mulhearn: get it going. But then, yeah, there's all the issues with the maintenance of it. And one month. George Mulhearn: Yeah, is, is there is question for Patrick. But is there a public instance of the mediator running anywhere? so we definitely had it. And I'm not 100% right right now, if it's currently up and running but it might save save a world hassle to people trying out the first time. Patrik Stas: so I'll check that and I'll check that right after the meeting.

Patrik Stas: and update on on on this card. So if yes I'll be sure we could. We might actually be able to provide you a kind of, you know, a a functional Patrik Stas: deployment of the mediator. So you don't have to bother running it yourself. Patrik Stas: at least for the start. Abhishek D: Yeah, that would be helpful. Yes, thank you. Patrik Stas: All right. that's cool. what's going on like Amira

Miroslav Kovar: at least the C 2, you see, to instance, which runs the the agents is running. I'm not sure if it's like for exposed to working. Patrik Stas: I think, Patrik Stas: all right, we, we'll check that so i'll put a like a to do to do note here after meeting Patrik Stas: you. Patrik Stas: okay? Patrik Stas: yeah. So next up, we have a like mentorship update. So we have started a mentorship program about a month ago. And since, that's like kind of on boarding transition and stage. And we're putting together the kind of a project plans. So we have 2 projects meditator which would be Patrik Stas: Aries every's compliant mediator, Britain and Ross kind of kind of re, basically written from scratch Patrik Stas: and we have second project the UN, if I we already mentioned the unified viper Patrik Stas: and we have the the respective mentees on the call as well. So we have a 9 for the mediator. And so for that, you need fine. So Patrik Stas: yeah, if you guys can just like give a short, you know. 2, 1 one like, I know, 30 s or 1 min, 2 min, whatever you want. kind of upgrade update on all to your your status. Now, what would you been up to so far in terms of the the project, and the higher, and and the mentorship? And and what's kind of like. you know your your next steps going ahead.

Naian: yes. Hi, Naian: I'm Nyan. I'm under this mentorship at aesthetics team. Naian: I'm working on the Aires Mediator Project. Naian: which is, I think, previously also called agency. There are similar roles.

Naian: basically, it's a dropbox kind of service where people can drop messages for you which your agent can later pick. Naian: So, for example, mobile devices Naian: can use this to get messages when they're offline or Naian: when they face network interruptions or when they're switched off so they can just assign a mediator. And the mediator can store messages for them. Naian: So A is Vcx currently doesn't have a rust based Naian: mediator. There is a no Js-based media.

Naian: Vcx agency node. I am building a fresh, rust-based mediator for the Aries Bcx project. Naian: That's my task for this mentorship. Naian: So over the last 2 to 3 weeks. That's when we started our mentorship, me. And so Naian: so I've been up to a few things. Naian: Firstly, there was onboarding from Hyper Ledger and the it's V 6 team. Naian: Then I also personally, was trying to get comfortable with the hyper ledger's ecosystem. I attended random meetings and just hopped in and try to get an idea of what people do at Hyper Ledger.

Naian: Then, on the Development side. the last 2 weeks we have been busy trying to set up the Vcx development environment. Naian: It starts easy at first building the project and running the unit test. But with integration tests. It gets a bit tricky. So we were a bit stuck regarding that for a while, but thankfully, with Soapner and the team's help, we finally resolve those issues. And I think yesterday I got greens on the Integrations test. Naian: So yes, now, I think hopefully, we are in a good state to start working on the Aes BC. Except for Naian: I've also been looking into and researching frameworks that would be suitable for the project. since the mediator is a web service. I've been looking at rust based Naian: back frameworks for this project which satisfy the requirements that we have for Aries mediator. Naian: So Patrick described some requirements which are mainly horizontal scalability performance and the ability to use web sockets.

Naian: So web sockets for being able to communicate with mobile devices, using Naian: very less battery life for energy. So these were the main requirements. And I've been looking into web frameworks that satisfy these Naian: hopefully. By next week we'll have a final selection. So, yes, that's my status until now. Naian: Yeah, thank you. Patrik Stas: Thank you. That was very clear and concise. Patrik Stas: thank you for that. yeah, maybe. Now we can turn to the the other project. So now your flock is yours.

Swapnil: Okay, Hi, everyone. Swapnil: And first of all, thanks, Nan, for a a beautiful introduction. It was very concise. So I'm presented working on the unified front, and I'm really glad that Swapnil: someone else the the bulk of this project will be helpful to to, at least to some people. So obviously, I think, when once we are done with this project I think we are able to supply some things that are helpful, helpful to you. So my project is is around developing an Api around the areas we Seex that enables development for mobile devices. Swapnil: and especially in cotton. And so because that is what unified currently supports Swapnil: and also python, but not concerned with that for that moment. so for this project in these weeks building up for this project I have been working on setting up the development environment like an answer that the integration tests are a bit finicky when it comes. So so we have been setting up that. And I think Nan gave me some scripts that were able to that that that made things easier for me as well. Swapnil: So and in the in the past few weeks I've been working on on a demo application or using unify and getting things up and running with the current state of ads, we see a unified app.

Swapnil: So building up to that, I did a few template Swapnil: This was inspired, basically because, the intelligence has the support for adding these the small templates that you can use for this project. So I decided to do a couple of those, so I will drop the links for those templates and for the application, if anything finds that anyone find that useful. Swapnil: and that was my build up to presently where I am, and the further in the coming weeks I will be starting developing the library itself and developing a demo application that will go along with these Swapnil: along with the development of the unified app. But so this will be my project. Patrik Stas: Awesome. Thank you. Very nice. Patrik Stas: yeah. It's also it's also great to hear that you you guys are like, you know, ha! Helping each other they can forth. So You know you are not only working with us, but also help each other together as as Mentees. And and these 2 projects are highly related and kind of coupled in some sense, I mean, not couple. But definitely, there's an integration point between them.

Patrik Stas: So so as a Co. Cooperation will be very, can be very like a fruitful and helpful for the for the final final state of state of things. Patrik Stas: well, that would be, I guess. Sorry, like in a full Patrik Stas: initial meeting discussion. And and now to the kind of the the usual usual program. So just reviewing the work and thinking about what to do next. And so Patrik Stas: we didn't have like a a tons of tough tons of stuff, I think, since since last week. But we have completed the Patrik Stas: A Pr did implementation Patrik Stas: I think maybe maybe last week or the Patrik Stas: I just talked about it. I don't know. Is there? Is there something you would like to, you know? Patrik Stas: say, about this work? I want to repeat, you know what you might be possibly talking about last week. So

Miroslav Kovar: yeah, we have. We have spoken about the motivation for this for implementing support for period 3, you know, previous or period in general on the previous call. Miroslav Kovar: and Miroslav Kovar: as you said, like. The the implementation is now now Miroslav Kovar: done, finished it. It's about constructing, resolving. are things realizing, disguising. Miroslav Kovar: and like overall working experience Miroslav Kovar: which will be which is necessary.

Miroslav Kovar: due to the like coordinated community by Miroslav Kovar: move away from and qualified periods to to all unqualified it. Miroslav Kovar: So we have it Miroslav Kovar: that that's about it, like the implementation. Of course, like it's, it's it's not being used anywhere yet. So it's it's just an initial implementation which may change, depending on the on the use case Miroslav Kovar: when it's full fully integrated into Miroslav Kovar: right. And and they exchange specifically which which is where we will start which which will be the first place where it will be used. Miroslav Kovar: And that, that is another piece of work which is Miroslav Kovar: under way. Right now. Patrik Stas: Yeah, that's right. We have a item here. So we're in progress. As to the exchange for a call. Patrik Stas: yeah, we we are. We are also, since we are added kind of jumping. they can forward a little bit, but it's fine. We we are also doing that like following our new. You know.

Patrik Stas: state machine implementation guide guidelines so that implementation will be Ios and using the state pattern as as it is now, or also. But it will be additional additionally using the I I O, a kind of a ios principle. Patrik Stas: So that'll be exciting lots of goodies coming with the did the exchange, and and so the exchange will be coming with the peer dates. Patrik Stas: And if I'm not mistaken, also, integration of the of the new did document right? Miroslav Kovar: That's that's correct. Yes.

Patrik Stas: awesome. Patrik Stas: Okay. Now, back to back to the main point we are going through the the work done since last week. One more thing which is like largely done Patrik Stas: is like this refactoring I've been working on myself for. Well, it's been. It's been dragging out for a while. Then I went in the whole day and work left and done, but over the course of the past few days I I kind of drove it to completion. Patrik Stas: so there is a Pr ready Patrik Stas: we already for review. It does lots of things squashed into it, but it's usually like small changes. So the Delta Delta is quite high, but I was looking through it like myself. And honestly, I think it's not too difficult to to too hard to review is is, many of the changes are very trivial. Patrik Stas: but to kind of like go over over the things which is down here, and why I think it's cool is is like. So first of all, previously there has been places Patrik Stas: where Patrik Stas: we have a hard coded. basically, the the the underlying implementation that we use. So for example.

Patrik Stas: we had in, we have lots of Ellis like Faber Integration Tests. And previously I'll show you an example here. Patrik Stas: to to this. It's the top. Patrik Stas: yeah. We had kind of different ways of constructing Alice in favor, and the different was that the Ellis was kind of dynamically built. This function always dynamically built Ellis's components, her

Patrik Stas: credits implementation like her cru unknown credits, implementation and ledger client implementation based on the features, whereas with favor it was hard coded, so that previously Patrik Stas: where is it previously favor? Patrik Stas: Well, I think, always using the Patrik Stas: that in the the Vdr tools implementations. Patrik Stas: And so when you then run integration tasks with with kind of credit feature flag. Then. Yeah, you would run Ellis with. You would run Ellis with credits. But it wasn't really run the favor side of thing with with credits. And this Pr is Patrik Stas: adopting the same approach for Ellie's and for favor. So it's introducing similar like, we had a function create a list we have now create create favor. Patrik Stas: and even more like even further And this applies for both Ellison at both Ellis and favor.

Patrik Stas: the way of building their their profiles they're using is Patrik Stas: is reusing the setup profile kind of testing to, I know, testing helpers track we had. So Patrik Stas: so there's no like duplication. There, there, there's only one way. Really, we are setting up all of our integration tests previously, at least, was being yeah, at least was kind of dynamically. you know, the selection of profile was dynamic. Patrik Stas: Let me find that, Alice. Patrik Stas: it's hard to find always. Patrik Stas: there it is.

Patrik Stas: So when Ellis was being built Patrik Stas: this is this is a new code. Sorry. What I'm looking for Patrik Stas: is in this old Patrik Stas: seemingly deleted file Patrik Stas: in full favor. And for Ellis, yeah. So previously. Patrik Stas: we had our own custom way here of like looking at the feature flags and then setting it up. We had like custom function here. So instead of that, now, when we build both Ellis and favor. Patrik Stas: the way we do it is that we always reuse this setup profile It's in that setup Patrik Stas: in the setup file.

Patrik Stas: is it this one? Patrik Stas: Yeah, in this, the the setup we had this setup profile? And that's literally the thing which is like looking at the feature of flags and then constructing the profile accordingly. Patrik Stas: Combining the the library, the the components with the respective implementations. And so this is now like literally used for all of the integration tests. Whether it is using Alice or not. You know whether it's you whether it's at least tab or and whether it's at least or favor, or just just this is the the kind of make a way how to. Patrik Stas: You know how to dynamically build the components for any I integration tests. so this was like one significant improvement in Aires Vcx, testing just kind of unifying everything and like using the same approach. And one way of initializing library.

Patrik Stas: second, like, significant thing, was it? There are the changes in the v, 6, core Patrik Stas: and that's basically enabling with Vcx core. Patrik Stas: And there's for technically also the libv. 6 itself and v, 6, not the rs, no jazz wrapper to run, run, run the library with different combination like different implementations. Patrik Stas: this was more of a preliminary work to make that happen. but there's another Pr build on top of this, which is harnessing. This changes. Patrik Stas: And Patrik Stas: let me let me find that I'll pull it up.

Patrik Stas: yeah, so we have one more small pr on top of that. We just introducing feature flags to levy Cx and to the no jazz wrapper as well to kind of opt into what the implementation you you want to use. Patrik Stas: And you can. You can even select that granulary. So you can. You know you can choose to use. let's say in the Vvr ledger client. let's say, you know, vdr tools like your client, and unknown credits like critics implementation for an on credits, or you know any other combination. Patrik Stas: So yeah, this this was now fairly easy to do with the with the Patrik Stas: changes layout in the previous Pr Patrik Stas: and it's running in Ci now with, you know, 2 different combinations. The tests are passing. So finally, like tested

Patrik Stas: on a Libby 6 level as well. Kind of additional, I guess, level of confidence that things are working Patrik Stas: just to build with with the credits and with the old like this implementation. Patrik Stas: vvi tools? Patrik Stas: yeah. So that's what I've been up to here. and essentially what I'm still busy with. I I still need to

Patrik Stas: updated B 6 to try to run to use in the Vdr as a ledger client instead of Vdr tools Patrik Stas: and that's more of the stuff we have here, except on the migrations and for migrations that's in the hands of Baghdad. So how is going there Bogdan Mircea: as a lying as ever. essentially. I I remember that I've been talking with the Mirror in the past couple of calls these past few weeks. Bogdan Mircea: and Bogdan Mircea: I I was so afraid I'm gonna jinx this because it all appear to be so easy. Bogdan Mircea: And I'm gonna jokingly say that you you came around in the Bogdan Mircea: and spoil it all up essentially the scenario that you proposed it. It was It's kinda surfacing some stuff that

Bogdan Mircea: I'm not really sure what? Why, it's not behaving properly, but it's not Bogdan Mircea: so. it's a joke. It's obviously a good thing that we caught this Bogdan Mircea: So there were a couple of things. one thing was that in Vdr tools the developers. For some reason we're storing the registry deltas Bogdan Mircea: with a non-intuitive key, and it didn't seem like something important, so I didn't include it in migration.

Bogdan Mircea: Sorry in the migration. So that's one thing that surfaced. Bogdan Mircea: but that actually came as I was debugging the previous issue. Bogdan Mircea: or I realized that as I was debugging the previous issue, and the issue is that Bogdan Mircea: after the migration is done, when credentials are issued.

Bogdan Mircea: something doesn't match in in Orsa. So Bogdan Mircea: a. And I, I frankly have little to no idea what, because all the values are encrypted, they're always changing. Bogdan Mircea: And there's really not an easy way to Bogdan Mircea: troubleshoot what's wrong. But it's I tracked it down to basically some check in Oursa Bogdan Mircea: and it. Bogdan Mircea: It's mainly Bogdan Mircea: either related to how the credentials are issued, and maybe something not matching there. We're not getting generated properly, which would seem fairly odd, because when, like

Bogdan Mircea: the critics. Bogdan Mircea: profile was not like that was already there. It's being tested. It technically works. So when credentials are issued Bogdan Mircea: from credits like when you start at this from the credits, profile, everything works. But when you migrate in the middle. and you want to issue another credential. Bogdan Mircea: Essentially, the credential gets issued. But the prover where, where the holder doesn't accept it, because some checks, some encryption checks.

Bogdan Mircea: yeah. And Bogdan Mircea: like, I said, I'm not even entirely sure. Bogdan Mircea: why that is happening.

Bogdan Mircea: And I've been chasing this down for the past couple of days. today is pretty much going to be the same thing. but it feels like this is the last mile. Hopefully. Bogdan Mircea: I don't want anything more. Bogdan Mircea: yeah. Patrik Stas: Well, I think so. If it if it will be like, if you know, if it will be like a really problematic or a cryptic to like, we cannot get past this because Bogdan Mircea: it's not a scenario you wanna Bogdan Mircea: like it's. It's not even about publishing the Revocation Registry or the deltas. So that's not the issue. I tried that. It's just that after the migration. Whether the registry is published or not, or the Delta, as are published or not. Bogdan Mircea: that credential check still fails, so we cannot get past it and say that. Okay, we're just gonna push everything to the ledger before the migration and then do the migration and then move on with our lives. We but yeah, there, there is kind of like, you know, non technical solution to this.

Patrik Stas: is that you say, like the migrate, we can see a migration strategy, for for this is that after you do the migration. you you you you know you can't continue issuing on top of old credential definitions. Patrik Stas: and Patrik Stas: instead, you have to like, I guess. Just just build a new ones and start a stream from those. Patrik Stas: And that way, you don't really have to solve it, you know, on technical level. But we will still definitely have to still support their vacations. But perhaps we, you know, we can say, like, you know, we don't support issue and Patrik Stas: polls migration. And given the fact that I think there is not so like I. I'm not aware of any other sure other than ourselves right now. Patrik Stas: I think it's like, you know, I acceptable like solution Patrik Stas: as far as we can, we ourselves can can accept that. And I I guess we might, if if it's too cumbersome to like, figure out some cryptic I mean, the the versus stuff is, I believe, impossible to figure out like that's the point of it, right? Bogdan Mircea: but I don't know if shopping this under the rug is really a good idea. because, like I said it might in my point out that there's an issue within the migration itself, or maybe when the credential is issued.

Bogdan Mircea: so I I wouldn't really just disregard this like that. Patrik Stas: Okay, no, it's give it some time, then, to try to to solve it proper way. George Mulhearn: have you? I don't know if this will help at all. But have you looked at the existing migration scripts like on our occupy George Mulhearn: went through this migration at 1 point in time. I wonder if they Bogdan Mircea: I did. But I I haven't noticed that he did anything special. so

Bogdan Mircea: I'm I'm not really sure Bogdan Mircea: what the issue is which, again, kind of points where it kind of makes me wonder whether the like, the issue or Bogdan Mircea: issuing credentials is the problem, and whether I messed up something there in the credits. Profile Bogdan Mircea: I don't know. Bogdan Mircea: there was there. There's like there is a small oversight regarding the like did qualification. But it's not applicable here. that's basically something to take care of in in the future. Maybe in the next pr, it's something really small But again, it's not. It's not the issue here.

Bogdan Mircea: yeah, no, I'm I'm if you, if you I don't think of any ideas, I'm more than willing to listen. So Bogdan Mircea: in the meantime, I think it posted some message on on the Maintainer's Chat. Essentially, I'm Gonna try and track down all those leads. Bogdan Mircea: particularly. Bogdan Mircea: Let me see if I can find that message. Bogdan Mircea: yeah. So like, I said, it's either something that gets messed up during the migration itself. Bogdan Mircea: which didn't, doesn't really seem like the case. But who knows?

Bogdan Mircea: And or it might be the case that something within the test environment, like in the test itself. Bogdan Mircea: I don't know. Maybe there's some static stuff that Bogdan Mircea: kind of messes things up that also doesn't really seem likely. But again. I I don't really know. Bogdan Mircea: this small small idea for myself here is like. Patrik Stas: try if see if it makes any difference. After you don't actually do the migration.

Patrik Stas: you cannot issue the credential right? So try to Patrik Stas: make a new revocation registry and try to issue against that. And so maybe if it's somehow. If if if there is a problem with migration which relates to Patrik Stas: revocation registry itself. then maybe if you rotate it, it will work. Patrik Stas: you know. I guess that's good point towards something. But then, if it doesn't work regardless of whether you use new or old like a revocation registry. Patrik Stas: then it might be something to do with the like credential definition, migration, perhaps, or something more general or shared. Bogdan Mircea: Yeah, it's not a bad idea. I was thinking. We're rather wondering

Bogdan Mircea: when we test. Then we set up the in the pool and whatnot. What if? Bogdan Mircea: Because I I believe that the credential data and the credential definition data that's static within the tests, aren't they? Patrik Stas: Well, yeah. Bogdan Mircea: I was wondering whether, if I try to.

Bogdan Mircea: because I cannot decipher the encrypted values. But like, if I clear everything out after I run a test, let's say, without a migration. Bogdan Mircea: take note of the values. Bogdan Mircea: And basically, we set the entire environment and try to run it again with the migration. I'm wondering whether the values might be similar, you know, across the steps. Bogdan Mircea: but I don't know if something is dynamically generated, it probably is. Patrik Stas: Some things probably are. the the to stuff definitely. There's lots of like some some rain like.

Bogdan Mircea: Well, then, Bogdan Mircea: yeah, I'. It's a good idea with rotating the Revocation registry. Bogdan Mircea: Try and do that, too. but yeah, it's pretty much just the Bogdan Mircea: that kind of thing. And I, I'm I'm not going to be surprised if it's going to end up being something really, really small. Bogdan Mircea: But yeah, I usually ends up like that. Patrik Stas: Okay? well, I guess. I don't know. I I have a work ahead, and I couldn't figure out what to like with here. because we are already busy with like lots of things in progress. So

Patrik Stas: and they did the exchange kind of big. And this migration might take a little while, and I'm myself busy with the like the B. Cx. kind of integrating those module libraries in the Bcx. Patrik Stas: But I guess, like well. Patrik Stas: kind of things which will come after that, and then we will. I think it was included in a notes for the last meeting. you did without me. Patrik Stas: That was the the ci demo. And then we had state pattern. It's been. It's been here for a while. but nevertheless, it's still there. It's like one of the top priorities, I think. And

Patrik Stas: what else? Patrik Stas: maybe the the harness it it. Patrik Stas: Harness. Patrik Stas: What's the appropriation at a a, a, A Patrik Stas: update like channel. Patrik Stas: Quick, general update. I guess that's our kind of the Patrik Stas: main points.

George Mulhearn: Yeah, I'm I'm I have a go at the Cli Demo in the next week. George Mulhearn: I think I'll start with making that George Mulhearn: dummy relay or or mediator implementation that we talked about. So I think that might be helpful to George Mulhearn: swap nail, maybe for some of the tests that he might want to be running on the wallet Patrik Stas: right? Right? So how would that roughly work? It will be some small Http server George Mulhearn: which can just receive messages, and there's some simple way to I. You already outline something, I think some I made one before, just, you know. Imagine, like a simple queuing system, a queue of messages under an id and not secure or anything. But yeah, good testing locally. Patrik Stas: Yeah, yeah, right? Right? Yeah. That sounds like a good start.

Patrik Stas: Alright folks. we came to the last point which is in a meeting discussion. I even do. We have anything else to discuss. Patrik Stas: Well, it seems like it seems like not so, which is fine, so we can wrap it up. thank you all for joining in. Have a wonderful day and Patrik Stas: rest of the week as well.

Naian: Okay, you have a good one, you guys, bye. Naian: okay.

2023-07-05 18:18

Show Video

Other news