2023 06 21 Blockchain Explorer

2023 06 21 Blockchain Explorer

Show Video

Arun S M: Okay? Arun S M: So right in terms of release. I think we'll, we'll list the unknown issues in the release notes, right? Like the things that we continue improving. But this is going to be the first release that Arun S M: we will be supporting now. Arun S M: for the release strategy the previous maintenance. They used to release a version of explosive.

Arun S M: And then that particular release was tagged against Arun S M: us, a version of Arun S M: fabric that it supported. Arun S M: And the Nodejs function that people can use. If there is any dependency on, let's say, the the software development tools, those who are being listed in the release strategy as well. For instance, if you see over here Arun S M: at least Arun S M: explorer version 1, 1, 8 Arun S M: supported version fabric version one dot, 4 to 2 dot, 3, which has been tested.

Arun S M: and these are the Node J's versions, which were supported back then Arun S M: so And every release that was created Arun S M: there would be a tag created over here. and these tags are maintained like for the life cycle of the project right Arun S M: now. Archana: sure. Arun S M: So that's the release strategy that the previous Maintainer who are following. We can follow similar life cycle for the release. However. one of the challenge that I see with this approach is.

Arun S M: if we don't, we would to a specific version of explorer. It's possible that issues could be reported in older versions. Right? Arun S M: at least to begin with to reduce the the support requirements until we stabilize the project. Maybe what we can do is follow a release strategy like the way fabric team follows, they do a long-term support releases. Arun S M: and then they do a for their release, which are Arun S M: which may get changed eventually. Right? So that's the way, like the fabric team follows. For instance, we all know, like 2 dot, 2 version of fabric is a long term supported release. If any bugs are reported on that. Arun S M: There is a support available. Arun S M: however, for other releases of fabric. Arun S M: There is no guarantee that Arun S M: a support for that release would be available or not.

Arun S M: So maybe, like 2.5 is the other Lts release that they do. Arun S M: We could follow something similar for explorers, saying that, let's say, if we start with version 2 dot 0, Arun S M: we can say that the long-term supported or we could not even play many Lts releases. we could just say, like 2.0 0 is a major release. Arun S M: However, we will keep improving the product, and we cannot guarantee it that there is a stable version. Arun S M: because we are in process of adding new features and then improving current feature set. Arun S M: That's Arun S M: That's something that we could follow. Arun S M: and we could always claim support on just one version of fabric. I'm not sure if we want to have support across multiple versions.

Arun S M: that's going to be additional. Arun S M: If we if we want to do that, we need a testing strategy Arun S M: across multiple versions. Arun S M: so that's about that. And then we also need a release pipeline in the sense Arun S M: any release that goes in must be tested against. Arun S M: Oh. the suit and make sure the test results are captured before the release goes out Arun S M: and we could create release pipelines over here through the of actions that do not exist today.

Arun S M: That's the other set of activities. We must pick it up. Arun S M: I know there are pipelines on as your but Arun S M: like the as your servers are no more available, will have to create github pipelines for us. Archana: So I don't really regarding the release right? like any documentation we need to add. So so what are the issues we have solved, or like what the new features we've brought up Arun S M: right? So there is expectation. So for the graduated projects in Hyper Ledger there is an expectation that Arun S M: and the release.md. File should be available or it

Arun S M: a file should be available which tells the user Arun S M: like the change log.md, if I'm not wrong, I don't think so this repository, or it has. Arun S M: So this change log is supposed to capture Arun S M: the information of what changed from the previous version. And there are multiple strategies that different people follow for different projects. Arun S M: few projects, and just list all the commits that happen as part of this release. Right? Arun S M: In this case also, I see some something like that, like the Pr. So I listed here. Arun S M: and few teams. They go ahead and they write the descriptions, they say, like these are the new features introduced, and these are the new breaking features. Arun S M: and these are like few bug fixes done from the previous release.

Arun S M: We could call the E their approach. But is we need to maintain the change log file. Archana: Okay? Archana: So around this Github actions plus Archana: more container images right that day spending with. So we tested Github actions. It is failing at one condition. So Archana: oh. Arun S M: do we have a bi on that? Archana: How is Archana: padded Github? C. I, it would be Archana: this one. Arun S M: It's failing on something.

We oh. Archana: this 1, 2 gs here registry is there, right. Archana: you know where it fade and like. if you go to the Pia right there.

Archana: the screenshot of, you know is it? Was it given me Archana: now this one 380 to Pr number. Okay. Archana: this is a note from package.

Archana: Thank you. Shoe. With that. Arun S M: It's being built on. Arun S M: Was this triggered from the Github actions? Or was this regard from on a local environment Archana: good to have action? So Arun S M: okay. Archana: you.

Arun S M: okay, I can check this with. run this gain. Archana: and one finite pr is also pending. Arun S M: Is that for the home charts? Archana: Punish Arun S M: right? I think the helm chart I tried, and it has some issues. Arun S M: we'll have to check the explorer Dv. Part in here in the room charge. So I believe the volume was not created as part of Archana: so Archana: Adithi has told to add him that. PVC, Arun S M: but postgres TV, Archana: I think he has to do that a minute.

Archana: And Apart from that, for this release I don't. Arun S M: we. We are rigorously testing with the, you know, my taking different scenarios like multiple channels, multiple chain codes. Archana: So we were facing Archana: issues. Okay? So we are fixing it. Archana: and it might take some time. We will give some. It will raise issues as well. Pr for that. Arun S M: Okay. Archana: so the lecture height was not consistent. Some of the issues are like.

Archana: count with respect to channels that is also not updated with single channel. And multi multi chain codes. Right? It is working fine. But when we go for multiple channels and multiple chain goods, we were getting a lot of issues. Arun S M: In what kind of issues were they? like ledger height? If we see right in the network tab, we have legend height. So with respect to. So, for example, I have 2 channels, channel one and channel 2 Archana: When I when I see the Rachel height with respect to Channel one, I'm getting the correct this major height. But if it is switched to channel 2 right. Archana: whatever the later height of channel one, it is the the same data we are getting into in the ledger height of Channel 2. This is one such issue. Arun S M: Okay.

Archana: and even chain codes. change codes. Also, we are not getting properly Archana: so like in the channel. But I have installed, maybe chain code one chain code to in the channel 2, I have installed some chain code 3. But in the chain code, tab, if I go and see right Archana: in the Channel 2, I'm getting the date of channel one.

Arun S M: Okay. Arun S M: so is this a Ui refresh issue? Or is this from the back end? This is from the back end itself. Arun S M: Okay, that's that's bad. Okay? Arun S M: And is it possible to automate these tests? I know the Ui automation, or it's not available right now and explore it. Arun S M: And I, to be honest, I do not know Arun S M: which strategy was followed from the previous Maintainer on maintaining the real estate cases. I don't know if they had a like manual test cases. For instance. Arun S M: we could create a manual test case suit and then maintain status of each of them somewhere.

Archana: the test cases which were written were very, very minimal. And they are mocking the blockchain. Archana: they're giving some inputs and testing. Archana: That's it. Archana: Only like 2 to 3 functionalities. Only they would have not gone to it completely. One of my other team. It is working on it. So it was very, very minimal. Arun S M: Okay.

Arun S M: let's do one thing. Let's create a. Arun S M: So for all these tests that you are mentioning, right? I think it's good that we are testing them. Arun S M: We but we don't have a mechanism to capture it. The status right?

Arun S M: we could create our own checklist for all these manual tests that are being conducted. And we can mention, like these scenarios were tested as part of the release Arun S M: or the regular development cycle. and this can serve as a reference for any new developer. Arun S M: and we could open up on like a github issue, or like in in our meetup event as well, we can call for people to come and contribute and make this automation possible. Arun S M: We can say, here are the test cases that we are right now doing, and then the Arun S M: the home they do G to get started with the project. Is not that high? it's possible for anybody to come and get started. Arun S M: For instance, the the low-hanging fruit that does not really require expertise in Arun S M: blockchain, or the explorer is over here. Arun S M: Thank you. All you need is the Java programming concept. So maybe not just programming concepts. Come and get started automating these things.

Arun S M: and we could also ask Hyper Ledger to help us Arun S M: push that and then get more contributions in. Archana: Yes, sir. Arun S M: it could be a Csv file that we maintain on the Github itself. For now, like a record keeping, we can mention the period when the testing was done. Arun S M: we can mention. Let's say, any nodes and it and we can capture those status of the test for now.

Arun S M: So I think the release strategies. Arun S M: This is important. We'll I think I don't know. Maybe we will follow the same. The same strategy for release naming convention. Arun S M: We'll have a major version in the minor version. Arun S M: and we'll do. Minor version changes or patch version changes for any new patches.

Arun S M: Minor version changes for like additional features that we implement Arun S M: and major version changes. If we are doing a breaking change. Arun S M: that'd be good. Arun S M: Hello. Archana: yeah. Arun S M: So I was talking about release. A naming strategy will follow the similar structure Arun S M: having Arun S M: major version, minor version and the patch portion. The patch versions are the ones which are buck fixes on the release itself.

Arun S M: and my new version, changes would be new feature additions and major versions would be Arun S M: breaking changes in the project. Arun S M: Would that be fine? Archana: Hmm! Satyanarayana Arigela: Anything on a release that still. Archana: Oh, no. Satyanarayana Arigela: So we are good with this one another. only those 2 releases what our Pr spending. Apart from that, everything is okay. Right?

Archana: so some of these, those 2 peers and some of the issues we need to raise and fix it. So that's from us. And it's been Satyanarayana Arigela: okay. Satyanarayana Arigela: So the other one we will discuss about the project plan, or this, this group of this one or anything else you want there in your Archana: how? That is what like. By June 30, we have to like, get this detailed project plan we have to publish in Wiki. Archana: So Archana: that also we need to discuss. Satyanarayana Arigela: So I don't for this scope whatever we have identified as part of the project proposal So this plan, if you want to start right. Satyanarayana Arigela: maybe what all features will be taken from that. like, can we decide on those things?

Arun S M: Yeah, we could. Arun S M: So. Arun S M: And I think we listed a feature set for 91 Archana: I paid in the Archana: the day you have created a beach. Right? Arun S M: Yeah.

Arun S M: So in the project plan, are you proposing to put up the plan only? Or are you asking to put a low V effort, like the Arun S M: exact tasks to be done by when it has to be done under that kind of information? Or is it that you are expecting us to Arun S M: have a high level overlook and divide the timelines in those springs. Arun S M: And then mark certain milestones during the mentee program. Satyanarayana Arigela: Probably we can do milestone marking. Yeah, that should be fine as I like. Like we can break out the what about the scope? Right? So we can have, like milestones defined, depending on that, we can proceed instead of having every high level definition. Right? This is better. I could Arun S M: right? Arun S M: So I'm a zoom means Arun S M: the mentees both. The maintenance we have Their availability is part time for 6 months. Arun S M: People starting Arun S M: from July first. We'll have to put it put on my timeline for 6 months.

Arun S M: I don't know if there is an option for us to add Arun S M: the timelines info here. Arun S M: so we'll just talk through the milestones, and then we will find out the activities and the goals. right? we can elaborate on those aspects. Arun S M: So breaking down the 6 months timeline for us. Arun S M: I believe, like end of sixth month. We want the many to present to the global audience

Arun S M: the work they have accomplished. Right? So milestone would be a global meetup Arun S M: showcase demo in showcase of the work that has happened. I believe this also has to be aligned with the Linux Foundation Arun S M: Demo official Demo. So there is, I don't remember the exact timelines Linux Foundation has Arun S M: across all the projects, not just Hyper Ledger Foundation, but all the projects Arun S M: where they invite Arun S M: all the mentees to come and demo what they have done. and this will be great opportunity for for all the mentees to present there.

Arun S M: So this is something we need to talk to min about and get the timelines. Arun S M: we'll have to align our demo to that timeline, it will be good for us. Arun S M: if I'm not wrong, it was around in January sometime like mid January. Arun S M: But you can ask me about it Arun S M: oh.

Arun S M: timelines to be confirmed from me. Arun S M: And we could have one demo every 2 months and invite to to schedule a call. And this does not necessarily need to be a global meter. Satyanarayana Arigela: It's good Arun S M: project level. Arun S M: demo of the progress that the maintain is making right. Arun S M: And we could send out in the invite to the labs.

Arun S M: So Arun S M: we can have like 3 check checklists or 3 checkpoints in the life cycle of project. Satyanarayana Arigela: Do you think that sounds good Arun S M: having 3 checkpoints? Satyanarayana Arigela: It's monthly. I don't know by a month, 2 months once. So there is one expectation like, we will start receiving emails from Linux Foundation asking for 90 evaluation Arun S M: and I believe this happens Arun S M: once. So there will be like midterm evaluation as well, and there will be Arun S M: either monthly or one end of month evaluation request sent to us. Satyanarayana Arigela: and it will be required. All the mentors will be required to sign the status.

Satyanarayana Arigela: Okay? Arun S M: So how do we align the milestones. To that I think at least the mid evaluation is must Arun S M: again, the the exact time is something Satyanarayana Arigela: we can check with min okay? Arun S M: And maybe we could have a monthly checkpoint by Arun S M: every month. We could have a checkpoint. Satyanarayana Arigela: So it will be day more every month. They are in my single. So Arun S M: yeah, this could also happen as part of the regular explorer calls like, once a month, we'll have them move scheduled for at least at 10 min where 90 can present their work. Arun S M: so starting July and we can schedule it last week of July Arun S M: and Arun S M: believe august would also have them that way. Arun S M: and for September it could be midterm evaluation for the meeting and for October it could be again monthly checkpoint.

Satyanarayana Arigela: No, but it will be final Satyanarayana Arigela: them. All right. Arun S M: Maybe December is the We can keep this for the global meter number. We will have more monthly checkpoint. Satyanarayana Arigela: Hmm. Arun S M: so every month we'll have a checkpoint and then alternate months. We'll have midterm evaluation and the final evaluation. Satyanarayana Arigela: Okay.

Arun S M: so Arun S M: I think this should be good. Right? Satyanarayana Arigela: Yes, yes. Arun S M: and the initial 2 weeks. We need to also account for onboarding Arun S M: and learning Arun S M: or ramp up activities. Arun S M: And this could be Arun S M: Should I mentioned timelines here end of June.

Arun S M: and checkpoint here would be both on mentors and Wendy. To make sure that Arun S M: we understand projects go clearly, and we understand the requirements to work on the project. Satyanarayana Arigela: Okay, do you request it's expectation Arun S M: should be said. I'm still waiting for

Arun S M: to hear back on like what is expected by all the mentees. I haven't heard back on what is needed. Arun S M: But if they any sessions, then it's on us to make sure, that we conversations to them Satyanarayana Arigela: in in Arun S M: I think we need to prioritize, do you have a preference of which of these to be prioritized Satyanarayana Arigela: so we would take first, the second line. Item. Archana: okay. Arun S M: So the purging takes the priority. And then Arun S M: can we in include the Bootstrap, or or like the good stuff activity as well as part of this activity. Archana: We can.

Okay. Archana: I'm sorry I didn't get you. Oh, no, that might take some time. So Arun S M: okay, Arun S M: let's see if we can at least have any valuation done, and Arun S M: I think this activity will let them mentally understand the project, and then Arun S M: you to come and propose. Arun S M: let's say, by end of July, to the group Arun S M: on what their explorations for. Satyanarayana Arigela: So that Bootstrap thing what is the exact thing we are expecting a run Satyanarayana Arigela: so at the time of load every time we should not fetch those records on the right. That's the reason Arun S M: that's that's right. So the boot top becomes a big for somebody to deploy or start using explorer.

Arun S M: maybe networks which are like 3 to 4 years old, which have millions of blocks and Arun S M: like GPS of data. Arun S M: the the time for explorer tool to be id state is longer for such cases. personally, I have seen cases where it can take Arun S M: days together like more than 20 to 30 days for. Arun S M: So that's something we we can look into improving the boot. Stop time.

Satyanarayana Arigela: Yeah, sure. Arun S M: And I believe, like, we can start picking up the role management and removing the Ca dependency Arun S M: if possible. Arun S M: because this is going to take some time, and like Arun S M: the the this entire section of user management, including authentication authorization. this could be prioritized next. And if by by this time, if we have Arun S M: your ux design for some part like for your X, then those activities can be picked up. Satyanarayana Arigela: So this user management I don't like any like, are we ready with the requirements? What to be implemented? Actually, so the the the team will be ready. Not a program to take it. But requirement. Why is are we clear like, what has to be done, or what needs to be done. Satyanarayana Arigela: or anything we need to check with another other team. We are to discuss something with it.

Arun S M: So one something that we can start looking into from user management. Perspective is Arun S M: right now, the explorer has its own user management mechanism. But in typical corporate environments, when, if we want these tool to be in installed and deployed. Arun S M: they already have an identity mechanism, right? The id id Arun S M: whatever we call line entity, management or access mechanism, that for organizations Satyanarayana Arigela: good and Arun S M: majority of them will follow typical standards where Arun S M: it's either. What if we want to delegate permissions or it's going? It's like a Ss, so like, we're expecting. This is what type of thing Arun S M: correct? Okay. So there should be an option at the time of starting. The explorer, like through some configuration parameters.

Arun S M: an existing identity management solution should be reusable. Satyanarayana Arigela: Okay. Arun S M: it could be done in many ways. We could start looking into supporting, or, for instance, and then we could look into Arun S M: why, DC, model as well. If if that's something we want to go with, or we could look into the sample approach. Arun S M: So Samuel allows for authentication. However, authorization is still maintained within the tool. Satyanarayana Arigela: Okay.

Satyanarayana Arigela: these are some of the models we can start looking into, and Arun S M: we can support Arun S M: any of them. Or we could support, all of them depending on how we want to. Arun S M: proceed, or at least through this experiment, through one of the support that we provide, we will learn what? Arun S M: What else is the gap as part of this evaluation? Satyanarayana Arigela: Oh, yeah, okay. Arun S M: some of the configuration. Maybe we can look into the user management aspect. that give us Arun S M: good work in terms of adoption for the product adoption. Arun S M: and this will also remove dependency with fabric. Ca, if at all. that we currently have Satyanarayana Arigela: oh.

Arun S M: that being said. And by this time, if we have some of the Ux, new Ux design. Arun S M: we could pick it up. or if the ux is still not ready. Arun S M: then we can work on some of the metrics, part the network level observability Arun S M: to alert the users if something happens at the network level. Arun S M: So so the fabric matrix that we receive it's localized to the peers and order the nodes currently like the Prometheus matrix information we were at the network level. There is no tool that provides the visibility.

Arun S M: For for with, let's say, the peers are out of sync across organizations. Satyanarayana Arigela: Currently, it's not possible, like every organization, is expected to have their own mechanism built. Arun S M: And since the explorer has this visibility across organizations. we could emit those information in as Prometheus. Satyanarayana Arigela: Okay. Arun S M: And all these features that we discussed so far, they are going to help in a product adoption. And they are going to fix some of the problems that today users things. Arun S M: because from adoption standpoint.

Arun S M: And I'm assuming by this time we'll have the Arun S M: user interface available to start working on. And those could be the next set of features, right? All the enhancement that we were planning in terms of user experience. Arun S M: And then we could also start improving the search experience. Okay. Satyanarayana Arigela: anything that we have? Arun S M: we we can further like again, regroup maybe midterms and add more activities, detailed activities. Arun S M: But this should be good set of work for close to 3 months. Satyanarayana Arigela: Okay. Satyanarayana Arigela: sure.

Arun S M: And then see if I can. elaborate more in terms of activities, if possible. Okay, I'll follow this call if everybody is okay with this. Satyanarayana Arigela: Sure. Sure. I don't. One request. I don't like. regarding this user access management, right?

Archana: if possible, can you put your thoughts in one document and can share it across a team? Archana: So all we have to start with, and you know what exactly we need to look up on these things. Once we finalize, then we can start working right. Arun S M: Yes, so I may have a few questions on the current working of the in. I will reach out to you if I have more questions. What I can help with is put up an architecture diagram of the current working, and then Arun S M: how the new architecture proposed architecture would look like with the you for the user access management Arun S M: and the possible ways we can integrate are like the possible features we could implement for each of them. Arun S M: Would that help? Archana: Yes, sir. Arun S M: okay. Archana: I'll reach out to you. I may have a few questions on the current.

Okay? Arun S M: any questions on you. Arun S M: Any other questions on the plan will put up the activities. offline this going to take time. Arun S M: you have to evaluate. And then in this time, I multiple activities under each of these calls. Satyanarayana Arigela: yeah, sure, yeah, that we can take it up for it. So once you update, they will Satyanarayana Arigela: go through that. And we can update. And we can review also, yeah. yes.

Satyanarayana Arigela: And one more thing I don't know this call whatever by weekly we are planning that it is happening at is T, right like last time we are discussing we will remove to us time. Right then, can you? reschedule that are there still? It is at 40'clock, only Arun S M: sure. So what time would work? I know it's going to be late, and I know the team are in based in India, and that's when I was not pushing that hard. But if if, because the problem is since you morning time, 40'clock, right, if you are not there, and sometimes our detail will be busy. Right? So call is not happening. So like we even after rating for 2 weeks. Satyanarayana Arigela: if nothing will appear as under something pending, it will not be able to proceed. So that's what we thought, at least. if you are in your you are regularly joining right. So we thought, we'll continue with this time. Satyanarayana Arigela: Oh, and is it Tokyo? Satyanarayana Arigela: Does this happen on Thursday or Wednesday, Wednesday, Thursday? You would only have some other conflict right. So we thought, we'll do it in Wednesday. Arun S M: Okay, this time on Wednesday should work. Satyanarayana Arigela: So if that is fine with you, maybe we can reschedule that to this sound that we isd sound that you? Something Arun S M: sure makes sense.

Satyanarayana Arigela: And wouldn't this be too late? I hope it's not too late for India. it's only by like the the 2 weeks once right, that should be fine together, even if it is a other purpose. Also, like you, people are not joining in the morning time. And if you are not getting inputs right, the team will not be able to Satyanarayana Arigela: proceed with their one. That is the reason. Satyanarayana Arigela: Okay, this time you will be compulsory, will be joining it sadly. We will get the input from you. So we can start working on those review top points and all Arun S M: it's let's do it. So once in 2 weeks we'll we'll also push the other members based in us to Satyanarayana Arigela: join. Yeah, sure. and I'll be, I hope this time also works for the European region as well. Arun S M: Perfect anything else that you know.

Satyanarayana Arigela: Oh, no. yeah, that's all. I don't. So once you have that coin, said, we will, as a go through that and try to see if anything updated to be done. and this call you can reschedule to this time. Arun S M: Okay? So quick question, does anybody among you have access to the calendar Satyanarayana Arigela: calendar for creating calendar? I don't know Arun S M: right on the mailing list. So we will go create this mailing list okay let me stop it

2023-06-29 22:37

Show Video

Other news